Digital Product Manager
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a leading company in the Scientific, Technical, and Medical knowledge and information industry. We are known for authoritative international publications in cutting-edge basic and translational biomedical research, with expanding scope in engineering, business, environment, and legal publications. These publications play an active and important role in advancing critical research and facilitating collaboration throughout the world in academia, industry, and government, and are also highly respected resources for legislators, policy makers, and educators.
We are currently looking for a talented Digital Product Manager to manage the websites and mobile app in our burgeoning GEN Publishing Life Sciences division.
This role is an exciting opportunity. Digital product management is fast becoming a key discipline within the company. Our goal is to provide exceptional digital experiences to our readers and vendor community across web, email, mobile and social channels.
The Senior Digital Product Manager is a critical and highly visible role within the organization. This individual will implement and help shape the product strategy and vision for GENengnews.com – our flagship publication website; then in time will assume management of the GEN Touch mobile app and ClinicalOMICs.com website.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion the product vision, strategy, roadmap to deliver traffic growth, engagement and revenue for GENengnews.com
- Deliver product roadmap based on supporting the editorial and advertising strategy using analytics, user research, biz-dev goals, best practices, etc.
- Manage the roadmap and prioritize and communicate customer and business requirements to development teams.
- Monitor and make continuous improvements to website performance, ensuring maximum uptime.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the experience to drive deeper customer engagement on GENengnews.com.
- Define success analytics/metrics for the product and develop a plan to meet these metrics.
- Assist in business case development, project plans, presentations, and communication plans to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Works closely with the editorial, sales, marketing and ad ops teams; and IT Project Manager to execute ongoing development.
- Ensure interoperability between other GEN properties and products (app, microsites, etc.)
- Stay abreast of ever-evolving digital behaviors and trends and provide on-going strategic inspiration to the organization.
- BA required with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in digital product management.
- Sound technical knowledge in Product Management, Product Development and expertise in mobile and technology space.
- Digitally passionate and experienced with excellent relationship and influence management skills who can communicate with product and technology partners effectively.
- Knowledge of website analytics and data driven thinking. Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Ability to define a product vision and strategy and articulate this vision to senior executives.
- Results driven strategic thinker; someone who can think about their product holistically, identify and prioritize key opportunities and implement change expediently.
- Relentless focus on customer experience.
- Data driven mindset: ability to build business plans and forecasts and clearly define KPIs
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Solutions focused individual with excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to advocate effectively for stakeholder interests and managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized self-starter who can effectively lead multiple audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent judgment, critical thinking and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external contacts.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Team oriented, but able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Product Roadmap
- Monthly analytics reports with action plans
- Business requirements for all new development as needed
- Ad Sales performance reviews
- GEN Select performance data
- Recruitment strategy
- Total users
- Last login audits to determine “active” users and drive improvements in the numbers
- SEO/SEM strategy and monthly reports