Sales Director Media Intelligence
- Full Time
Proven experience and understanding of the sales process, contract negotiation, pipeline development, CRM development and forecasting is required. Additionally, this role is responsible for working with the Vice President of Sales to review team personnel and processes and recommend, define and implement any changes to existing go to market strategies. There will be tight alignment with the Media Intelligence Segment General Manager to ensure all sales metrics, market and value proposition feedback is presented and discussed in a regular business cadence.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the overall new business revenue performance measured by revenue targets and the achievement of team KPIs.
- Minimum five years' experience leading new business development teams, focused on net new customers, pipeline rigor and growth.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team to deliver high performance against revenue and KPO targets ensuring that sales methodologies are implemented and provide continuous training / coaching in collaboration with Sales Strategy and Operations.
- Review and adjust / improve as necessary all existing sales activity metrics to meet the objectives of the America's business strategy.
- Pipeline development for market targeting and persona based lead generation.
- Continually recruit highly motivated business development candidates working with the US recruitment partners to have an active pipeline of new candidates.
- Implement a monthly program of performance review for the team working with the leader of the America's and our HR partner.
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives to realize maximum team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the development of more compelling value propositions that enable us to differentiate ourselves with these prospects.
- Contribute to target setting, policy and strategy development, providing support and input when required.
- Contribute to the development and help drive the implementation of marketing programs to increase awareness, purchasing and retention of our services.
- Continuously gather customer and market insights to ensure that we meet the evolving needs of the customers, refine and improve the 'go to market' strategy and create a learning environment amongst team members.
- Work closely with the virtual teams and finance business partners to define a set of reports which will inform the business on 'how we are doing' against business goals per segment.
- Prepare a robust operating plan to inform sales billings forecast at each review forecast (RF) per quarter to ensure that budget and operating plans are met.
- Analysis that clearly sets out the following data which can be used to inform and facilitate targeted campaigns (product awareness, lead generation, product life-cycle and others), events, and communications:
- Analysis of the customer potential - a report of the customer business profile which shows the 'business potential' i.e., their practice areas (main area of business), matched to LN products/menus ('business potential') and the extent to which the customer subscribes to the 'business potential'- this will give the penetration analysis which will inform retain and grow opportunities
- Linked to the above, online revenue per segment (to include annual and multi-year deals, practice area menus/modules).
- Growth/attrition trend per segment with key drivers supporting trend activity.
- Prospect insight that defines online usage/consumption now and over the medium term.
- Related to the above, the role holder will define, track and monitor success metrics (for deep-dive analysis), which measure how we know we are optimizing pricing and packaging per Segment, for example:
- Overall online revenue growth per segment and per practice area.
- # of products sold to which prospect types.
- Discount and pricing (with product/Market Development Directors).
- Ensure all team members comply with planning, reporting and documentation requirements in line with the agreed methods.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in leading field new business teams in the Media Intelligence space.
- Wide-reaching understanding of both traditional media as well as social listening
- Proven experience in successfully driving sales teams to achieve targets.
- Exceptional people management and coaching capabilities including; decisive leadership, setting clear direction and motivating/coaching a committed team to excel.
- Clear strategic thinking combined with a practical approach and close attention to detail.
- Able to bring a dynamic and passionate approach to the role that creates a high energy winning new business culture and lead by example.
- Be a role model and liaise closely with other members of the leadership and operational team (including sales, marketing, operations and product development) to lead the culture change within the team and drive a "one team" mentality.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or