Associate Content Writer
- Full Time
Philadelphia magazine is looking for an energetic, creative associate editor for its content studio, City/Studio. The content studio produces editorially driven products for a diverse range of clients through various media, including magazines, video, original photography and sponsored content. The associate editor is a vital part of the City/Studio team, pitching, editing and writing stories for Phillymag.com, managing copy flow and freelancers, and making sure clients goals are met. Strong editorial instincts are a must.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Brainstorming sponsored content ideas for RFPs and branded content proposals.
· Writing and editing high-quality sponsored content campaigns for Phillymag.com.
· Writing engaging advertorial copy for Philadelphia magazine.
· Maintaining detailed editorial calendars.
· Managing City/Studio’s blog.
· Writing marketing copy and social media posts as needed.
· Supporting custom publishing projects as needed.
· Staying on top of industry trends in custom content and integrated marketing.
The ideal candidate is:
· A self-starter who’s not afraid to take the initiative.
· A whiz with headlines and a talented writer who understands the Philly Mag voice.
· Detail-oriented with a strong understanding of AP style and excellent copyediting skills.
· A creative storyteller who understands delivering branded content that’s a service to the reader.
· A deadline-oriented multitasker who can work quickly under pressure and in a team environment.
· Diplomatic and experienced working with clients.
· Has 3-5 years magazine, blog or newspaper experience. (Content marketing experience is a plus, but not required)
· A strong understanding of social media strategies as well as WordPress, Google Analytics and SEO.
Please send writing samples, a cover letter and resume plus salary requirements.
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.