- Full Time
The Commercial Strategy & Insight team (CSI) at the FT plays a crucial role in helping deliver and maximize advertising revenue across our portfolio of print and digital products. The CSI team’s aim is to build a very solid foundation for our sales stories and proposals through expert use of data. The CSI team produces industry-leading research as well as justification insights for advertising. This Insight coupled with a strategic approach to digital data (such as Viewability) enables the team to marry insight, strategy and optimization together providing the advertising sales team with a unique, complete and compelling sales argument.
The CSI team sits within the Global Commercial Team and works predominantly with the Advertising sales team but also with the FT Production, Marketing, PR/Comms and Editorial teams.
Reporting to the Head of CSI in the US, the Insight Manager is a key position in the CSI team and remains, in many cases, the first point of contact for Sales- this person is integral in developing innovative and compelling sales arguments. As well as this key first point of contact with adsales, the Insight Manager will project manage a series of projects across all areas of Insight- bespoke studies, vertical sector studies, syndicated surveys etc.
The Insight Manager will be responsible for the delivery of research including management of quantitative and qualitative projects, data interpretation and analysis, questionnaire design, report writing and presentations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Project manage FT global brand tracker series of studies (GIST studies) from beginning to end, demonstrating the value of the FT and supporting commercial revenue. This includes design/coding survey questionnaires, analyzing/interpreting and presenting actionable insights to clients in the US.
- Project manage Advertiser bespoke studies (including Nielsen Vizu studies, FT ACT, etc.) to support advertiser campaigns. This could involve bespoke or tailored projects supporting the ad sales effort.
- Represent FT on syndicated surveys (including IPSOS Affluent) to act as the FT soundboard on survey development as well as working with the Head of US CSI in quantifying appropriateness and business relevance of surveys to the wider business. Analyze and interpret all syndicated surveys released and manage the internal release of these surveys worldwide.
- Assist in delivery of daily data requests for the global ad sales team (media rankings and schedule analysis based on the key media research / global syndicated surveys that the FT purchases. Develop customized RFP response decks to support the global advertising team needs. Must identify compelling stories that demonstrate the value of FT media as the go-to media within the global marketplace.
- Frequent interactions with sales teams to build a trusting partnership that facilitates the usage of research into the sales process (both as pre-sales and post-sales support).
- 2+ years research experience.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, and be very detail-oriented.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Commercially minded
- Ability to interpret data in such a way as to enhance the commercial proposition of the FT.
- Ability to turn research data into compelling presentations to suit a variety of audiences.
- Team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members from sales, commercial marketing, production, research, corporate communications and other departments
- Well organized - ability to multi-task management of programs, and prioritize
- Approachable, strong interpersonal skills and an energetic team player
- Flexible, reliable and able to work independently