Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
For a full overview of Springer Healthcare's business solutions, please watch our Showreel.
The Content Development Manager supports the development and delivery of medical/scientific education and training services to the pharmaceutical industry. The ideal candidate is a confident communicator and solution developer, with the experience and motivation to develop engaging learning programs. This diverse and exciting role presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with the commitment, experience, and drive to work with the world's leading pharmaceutical companies to ensure that the educational needs of both their internal audience (eg, sales representatives, medical science liaisons) and the wider international healthcare provider audience are served.
This position is currently being offered in New York, NY and Philadelphia, PA.
- Review editorial, scientific and clinical content of learning projects for accuracy and relevance (including but not limited to: eLearning programs, apps, booklets, PowerPoint slides, digital magazines)
- Assist in developing needs analyses, learning curriculums, and strategic training initiatives based on principles of adult learning
- Manage internally and externally written content to ensure that it meets Springer Healthcare’s quality standards and is in alignment with client expectations and medical/legal/regulatory requirements/processes
- Ensure appropriate syntax, style, and content flow for different product types and target audiences (from clinical specialist to pharmaceutical sales representative); amend or rewrite content as needed
- Provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback to writers and other contributors
- Direct content through appropriate review and workflow processes, to ensure on-time delivery and content quality
- Assist in commissioning and contracting thought leader authors and editors, as needed
- Training and ongoing mentoring of junior team members
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Bachelors of Science degree required, graduate degree in the sciences or scientific writing preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in scientific, technical or medical editing or writing within a training agency environment
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and organize work, meet tight deadlines, adapt to shifting deadlines, and successfully function within a team environment
- Experience with AMA style referencing, ability to adapt to house style/format
- Strong communicator with superior writing and developmental editing skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro required; knowledge of Adobe
- Ability to successfully and efficiently interact with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels: writers, editorial and support staff, clients/sponsors, and key members of the scientific/medical community
- Experience in instructional design, education, or organizational development
- Knowledge of InDesign, Articulate Storyline, Studio, and Adobe Captivate beneficial
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.