Producer - KSTS
Location: San Jose, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors to desktop edit, write and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms.
The Producer will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
• Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing)
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Strong news writing skills
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Ability to create interesting, competitive and attractive rundowns
• Significant experience in a news environment
• Strong journalistic skills
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.