- Full Time
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Editor.
In this role, the successful candidate NYU Langones Office of Communications and Marketing seeks a senior editor for its publications team. The successful candidate will be a veteran editor and writer with a strong biomedical background who can help shape compelling content across a diverse portfolio of publications, including NYU Physician, the award-winning magazine of NYU School of Medicine.
To qualify you must have a a minimum of seven years of experience in a high-level editorial post.
* Bachelors degree; master’s in journalism preferred
* Ability to translate complex scientific information for a general audience
* Superb writing and editing skills
* Proficiency in InDesign and InCopy
* High-quality published clips and examples
* A seasoned editor with a diverse stable of science and health writers
* Knowledgeable about biomedical science and healthcare
* A creative thinker with a keen eye for narrative storytelling
* A versatile writer who can connect with a wide range of audiences
* A proven multi-tasker who can juggle a high volume of content without compromising quality
* Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others
* Organized and detail-oriented
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.