Head of Audience Growth
- Full Time
NewsPicks, is a digital aggregated news product differentiated by sharing and commenting features. Given public concern over news quality, publishers’ growing frustration with the dominant online distribution platforms and advertisers’ increasing focus on brand safety, we believe the time is right for an innovative, subscription driven product. The fake news cycle and growing discontent with disruptive influences has created a pivotal moment for publishers to renew focus on premium authentic news.
NewsPicks is looking for someone with strong digital and social media skills to lead its audience engagement efforts. This person will work with NewsPicks' editorial and marketing teams to ensure the effective use of social media and partnerships to build NewsPicks' readership, and fully engage that audience.
- Develop best practices for social media, SEO and analytics from an editorial perspective and communicate these to the team on a regular basis.
- Run social media accounts, in collaboration with editors and marketing team, and monitor effectiveness of social media.
- Track app downloads as well as whether NewsPicks retains those users—and problem solve when there are problems to be solved.
- Monitor developments in social media and the app world on an ongoing basis to ensure that NewsPicks stays ahead of significant trends.
- Produce competitive analysis to improve our understanding of best practices and reader behavior.
- Flag potential media partnerships around content.
- Act as a central point of excellence on newsletters, podcasts, social video, alerts, tweets and Facebook messages and other points of editorial contact with readers and users.
- Has led projects that have proven the value of great social media engagement.
- Has familiarity with the app ecosystem and driving audience/engagement in that environment.
- Has experience managing social platforms and building community engagement around various kinds of coverage.
- Is able to identify audience growth, search, social media, and content partnership opportunities
- Is very comfortable with a range of analytics tools.
If this job looks interesting, please send a resume and a cover letter citing a couple of instances when you grew an audience -- and tell us how you did it.
We would also love some feedback on our application! Tell us: what you like and don't like about it, and quick thoughts about possible ways to build out/better engage the audience.