- Full Time
NewsPicks, is a digital aggregated news product differentiated by sharing and commenting features. Given public concern over news quality, publishers’ growing frustration with the dominant online distribution platforms and advertisers’ increasing focus on brand safety, we believe the time is right for an innovative, subscription driven product. The fake news cycle and growing discontent with disruptive influences has created a pivotal moment for publishers to renew focus on premium authentic news.
NewsPicks is looking for someone with strong digital knowledge/experience, wise news judgment, and keen audience sensibility to help with the app's editorial efforts.
- Curate our stream of "editors picks" with the right mix of sensibilities
- Help recruit "Pro Pickers" to the platform and build their engagement with the app
- Develop original content ideas around specific topics
- Help develop newsletters, push notifications and other editorial products.
- Deep curiosity about an array of topics
- Good feel for the type of content that sparks conversations
- Experience with the news (either as a reporter or an editor)
- Familiarity with a range of digital editorial products, including apps and newsletters.
- Personable and a good colleague
- Able to operate quickly but accurately
- Problem solver rather than a complainer
Please send a resume and a cover letter that mentions a couple of sites/projects you worked on, including how you improved things and what you learned there. Also, please share a few preliminary thoughts about NewsPicks: What you like about it and what you'd improve.