Summer Multimedia Intern, Quanta Magazine
Quanta Magazine is looking for a motivated multimedia intern for the summer of 2018. This is an outstanding opportunity for a beginning visual journalist to dive into fields like physics, mathematics, biology and computer science while developing digital editing and production skills. This is a visual/multimedia internship; those interested in writing should apply for our summer writing internship. This 32- to 40-hour-per-week, paid internship will take place between June and August at the magazine's New York City office.
- Assisting with research for the art department and podcast; contacting scientists, artists, photographers, writers and press officers to track down images, audio and possibly video.
- Photo research: finding photos with the necessary Creative Commons licensing.
- Editing images and videos
- Assisting with graphics and interactive features as needed
- Managing the general inbox
- Performing any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree
- A background or strong interest in physics, mathematics, biology and computer science.
- Photo research and knowledge of copyright restrictions
- Photoshop for color correction, editing and preparing files for the web.
- An interest in photography, video and other Adobe Creative Suite applications, such has Lightroom and Premiere Pro is a plus.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a rsum, portfolio and cover letter describing your interest in this position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.