Social Media Coordinator, Oxygen
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for supporting the social media team in all of its social and digital media marketing endeavors.
-Gather and organize content to be dispersed through Oxygen social media communities on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any new/emerging social media platforms on a need basis
-Traffic content calendars for approval through all necessary stakeholders including production, legal, creative, and marketing.
-Write and edit compelling social media content with the purpose of engaging the networks online communities
- Monitor and participate in social conversations on behalf of the networks to increase viewer engagement
- Troubleshoot urgent community management issues that may arise
- Handle invoice submission and tracking
-Support digital/social media components and amplification across network departments
- Liaise with internal departments to gather key priorities that need to be socialized.
- Act as contact point between digital marketing agencies, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Filter and focus programming information into social media priorities
- Analyze and report out status of network communities to senior executives
- Manage page, including vetting/interviewing page candidates
- Monitoring and reporting on new social and digital platforms as they arise
- B.A. in Marketing, Liberal Arts, Journalism, or related field
- Experience coordinating between advertising agencies, vendors, and companies
-Minimum 1-2 years experience in television, social media, and/or marketing
- Experience with Photoshop and knowledge of how to create/post image and video-based content to our social networks
-Proven experience with MS Office: Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #38233BR )
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice-
-Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Intimate understanding of social media space and emerging trends
- Passion for the unique brands and programming of Oxygen and the true crime genre.
-Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a thirst to drive innovation
- Ability to communicate and present to senior executives
- Be capable using Facebook Insights and ability to learn new analytics tools
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Oxygen Media is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women. Having announced the full-time shift to crime programming in 2017, Oxygen has become the fastest growing cable entertainment network with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship “Snapped” franchise, “The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway,” “The Jury Speaks,” “Cold Justice,” “Three Days to Live,” and “It Takes A Killer.” Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Watch Oxygen anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.