Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As a Photojournalist you will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, including general news, sports and feature stories. Including vo’s, reporter packages, anchor packages and “Point of View packages”.
• Through the creative use of the camera, sound, lighting and editing, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
• Will operate camera, live truck, and editing equipment for sales, promotions and news.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
• A minimum of 4 years experience shooting videotape and live remotes in a Broadcast station.
• A minimum of 2 year experience non-linear Editing, with a strong background in computer skills.
• Trade/vocational school or equivalent work experience
• Must be able to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time to shoot both in studio and on remote locations.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work flexible hours
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar/Miami locations.
• Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, class D.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Strong interpersonal and computer skills
• Great decision making skills in fast paced, high pressure deadline situations.
• Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment desk using email software, cell phone, messaging tools, and social networks
• Bilingual, English and Spanish command
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.