- Full Time
This role is responsible for supporting the editor or publisher they report to in achieving the agreed revenue and profitability targets for their editor/list. You will manage and deliver targets for that list and liaise with a number of key internal and external stakeholders.
• Keeps the publishing program on schedule through regular liaison with authors, and by maintaining and updating the frontlist plan for any given year
• Sets up new titles on the system, and ensures that any changes to projects are updated promptly
• Commissions peer reviews for projects as requested by their manager; ensures these reviews are delivered in a timely way; records the progress of all projects under review
• Prepares and sends out contracts for new projects; ensures signed contracts are returned in a timely way and liaises with the royalty team as appropriate
• Processes and tracks payments and gratis copy requests, check requests, addenda, title changes
• Prepares, obtains, and processes signed contributor agreements and enters the information into GT (Global Tracking)
• Enters contracts in GT (Global Tracking)
• Prepares manuscripts for handover to production to agreed standards and on schedule
• Prepares marketing launch documents and marketing copy
• Responds promptly and appropriately to external and internal inquiries
• Liaises closely with production and marketing to ensure they have the information they need, when they need it
• Responsible for the provision of basic reports and sales information
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and/or experience of:
• Relevant administrative experience
• Being responsible for self-management of own workload
• Interest in developing industry and market awareness
• Calm and logical under pressure
• Ability to multitask, combined with ability to prioritize appropriately
• Good attention to detail
• Handle and communicate information sensitively and professionally
• Communication (oral and written) to internal and external contacts
• Commercial awareness and customer focus
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
This position is based in our Boca Raton office in Florida.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.