Marketing Director, Blink
- Full Time
Want to work with notable authors like Kwame Alexander, Nikki Grimes and Bailee Madison? If you’re a marketer, we want you to join the Blink YA Books team as we build this imprint and inspire teen readers. Blink brings true stories and fiction to YA readers. The literature published by Blink is a positive reflection of what is inspiring and heartening while maintaining a tradition of imaginative and exciting storytelling that will bring readers to the edge of their seats, immerse them in a heartrending love story, or engross them in a story of a life well-lived. Readers will see themselves in all facets of Blink’s literature and will find new levels of entertainment that enrich and uplift.
The Blink Marketing Director will be responsible for all aspects of marketing strategy, planning, and execution with regard to all Blink titles, events, and marketing promotions, as well as additional teen and young adult titles as assigned. Our ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of digital marketing that drives results and will also be able to launch books and promote the Blink brand through targeted and measurable publicity plans. The candidate will possess a passion for great content, stellar written and verbal communication skills, and will enjoy working in a dynamic, highly collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Marketing Strategy and Development
- Develop brand marketing strategy that includes new releases and backlist titles every fiscal year.
- Develop individual marketing plans for each new release every fiscal year
- Manage and execute all details of integrated marketing plans process and workflow
- Lead research initiatives for new products and new/changing avenues of consumer engagement
- Partner with Blink Acquisitions Editor(s) to pursue new authors to fill a bestselling young adult pipeline
- Partner with ABA, Library, Specialty, and Mass sales teams to develop strategies that best drive sales through these channels
- Further develop cross-corporation relationships with Harlequin Teen, HarperTeen, and Epic Reads to maximize partnership opportunities
- Marketing and Promotional Plans
- Execute marketing tactics that support marketing plans for new releases, backlist titles, and the Blink brand (and additional teen and young adult titles as assigned) with a particular focus on digital marketing.
- With author and agent, develop customized influencer lists and outreach strategy to spur online promotional support
- Plan, attend and exploit promotional opportunities at key conventions, events, and trade shows for the full marketing team (ALA, BEA, TLA, ALA Midwinter, YALSA, etc.)
- Product Positioning
- Participate in effective sales conference presentations and key account sessions
- Lead and manage execution of channel specific sales promotions in partnership with channel sales directors
- Set PR strategy for Blink brand and individual new releases (including other teen and young adult titles as assigned)
- Help build and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local, and online to secure book coverage
- Work with acquisition editors, authors and agents to develop and execute publicity campaigns with some travel to support book-related events/media tours
- Manage outside public relations firms and coordinate the activities of other personnel involved in each project, including travel and other arrangements
- Lead Blink positioning and plans at all trade conventions, including planning and staging author events
Work Experience: Preferred candidate will possess 8+ years of complex marketing experience that has included integrated and/or digital marketing and publicity-related responsibility
Education: BA/BS in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field required. Masters preferred.
Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of publishing industry, specifically the young adult market, is desired but not required.
HarperCollins Christian Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.