Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
The Associate Producer for Social Video is responsible for creating and producing video content specifically for Seeker’s social outlets. This position is part of the Seeker News team, serving as a key contributor to the growth of Seeker outreach by creating and driving supplemental video content based on our existing properties.
This role also works closely with the Seeker Audience Development team to ensure consistency of tone and to track data analytics on posts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceive, write, and produce short-form video programming for Seeker’s social properties (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Pitch ideas daily and assist in the development and production of special projects and formats
- Identify and research video assets and photos from around the web to repurpose for content
- Fact-check scripts, foster relationships with scientists, research institutions, and scientific organizations to build a stream of leads for new productions and to help gather and license footage
- Work with talent and offer direction to video editors as needed
- Work closely with Producers and Production Management to coordinate production schedules, calendars, talent, and resources
- At least 2 years’ experience producing social media and/or digital media video content
- Very strong research and writing skills
- Strong photography, Photoshop, and Adobe skills
- Must be creative and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must feel comfortable working independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Very close attention to detail
- A committed work ethic
- Able to work extended hours as necessary
- Familiar with camera and studio operations
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- A passion for science and telling stories that relate to it
- An enthusiasm for research topics and current events as they relate to science and innovation
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.