Public Relations - Senior Account Executive
CooperKatz, an independent, award-winning PR agency, is looking for Senior Account Executives preferably with B2B and financial services experience to join our team. We are seeking people who bring enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
We are a dynamic agency and our employees have the opportunity to work for a variety of exciting clients across professional services, finance and banking, healthcare and education, consumer and technology sectors, among many others. We value individuals, work-life balance and an empowered, collaborative culture.
We offer competitive compensation, work-from-home flexibility, a supportive culture and work environment, and a tremendous opportunity for growth. We have been honored as one of the Best Agencies to Work For by industry publication, The Holmes Report, and also named by Crain’s New York Business as one of the best places to work in New York City two years in a row.
For consideration, please submit your resume.
- Assisting with strategy development and implementation of public relations and marketing programs
- Liaising with and offering appropriate counsel to client contacts
- Planning / writing a wide range of communications / public relations materials, such as press releases, media pitches, backgrounders and other collateral materials, posts for social media channels, etc.
- Assisting Account Supervisors and Managers with developing strategic documents such as programs proposals and timelines, etc.
- Developing highly-targeted media and influencer lists
- Contacting media, pitching story ideas, arranging client interviews, etc.
- Participating in developing and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels
- Conducting research into client or industry issues and synthesizing learnings / outputs
- Participating in creative brainstorms / process on behalf of clients
- Mentoring and helping to manage those at the Account Executive, Account Coordinator and Intern levels
- Performing and / or delegating and reviewing administrative tasks such as activity reports, client contact reports, budget tracking, etc.
- Participating in CooperKatz new business efforts as opportunities arise
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with approximately three to five years experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- Strong interest in working in a “generalist” agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills including a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Confidence in speaking up in both client and internal agency settings
- Strong writing skills, with experience developing effective public relations written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, memorandums, client reports, etc.); includes ability to help edit written work of junior team members
- Familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution; demonstrated interest in understanding key digital technologies and platforms, and how they impact the work of PR
- Comfort working in team environment, including being an active listener, sharing workloads and treating others with caring and respect
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong interest in building managing and mentoring skills, to assist in the career development and retention of more junior staff members
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)