Manager, Content Creation
- Full Time
Driving growth is in our DNA. No other organization influences the industry’s growth agenda more than the ANA (Association of National Advertisers). It is our unique and profound difference — a difference that enables us to lead from a position of strength across a broad spectrum of arenas. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA's membership includes more than 1,000 companies with 15,000 brands that collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 750 client-side marketers and 300 associate members, which include leading agencies, law firms, suppliers, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
The ANA is looking for a talented Content Creation Manager excited about the marketing industry. This position sits within our Marketing Knowledge Center which actively connects ANA members to the resources they need to be successful. The MKC is the place for creative inspiration from case studies, the latest marketing trends and research, and the resources to make smarter business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be able to write clearly and concisely about all aspects of the marketing industry — from social media to programmatic — and will be passionate about creating content of all lengths and formats to help educate and inspire marketers.
New York, NY
- Create/edit proprietary content, including but not limited to:
- Event Recaps (detailed write-ups of presentations given at ANA events)
- Award case studies
- Insight Briefs (longer content pieces that share research, trends, and best practices on specific marketing topics)
- Short-form “snackable” content (i.e. “listicles”)
- Contribute to an internal content strategy (i.e. contribute to brainstorm meetings, assist with documentation of best practices, and help to internally socialize the strategy).
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a steady flow of content creation that supports current and future marketing strategies for member needs.
- Ensure all content meets high-quality standards and corporate style while staying informed of current trending topics, new developments in media, local business, and industry best practices.
- Attend ANA events to capture marketing insights.
- Other duties as required.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to write clearly about complex subjects or turn a meandering presentation into a smooth story
- Attention to detail and copyediting skills
- 3 - 5 years of experience in B2B content marketing, digital marketing, corporate communications, or a relevant publishing industry role
- Willingness to travel (5 - 10%) to ANA events outside of New York
- Proven expertise in marketing preferred
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects from initiation through completion
- Demonstrated strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with email marketing a big plus
- Content marketing and/or video marketing experience a big plus also
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position's requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.