- Full Time
Are you a passionate, curious business reporter adept at getting answers from top industry executives? Are you proficient with numbers and skilled at identifying trends? Are you an aggressive journalist at heart, and someone who seeks to go beyond canned email interviews with PR reps?
If so, Internet Retailer, part of the Digital Commerce 360 family of news sites, wants to hear from you. Internet Retailer, the leading e-commerce news source and premier provider of global e-commerce research, seeks an aggressive business reporter to join its team.
The successful candidate is a great enterprise reporter with the ability to develop sources, collect vital news and data on industry leaders, and write succinct business case studies and breaking news stories. He or she is adept at studying numbers to extract key findings, and then explain clearly and succinctly in analytical stories for the web, longer-form content and special reports what those numbers mean to our global audience of online retail professionals.
Our ideal candidate is ultimately interested in getting to what makes businesses successful or not successful, and is passionate about gathering information, breaking news and making sure it gets seen across multiple channels. Our company is constantly seeking new ways to present and distribute information to an increasingly digital world, and the right candidate can grow quickly in this position.
Knowledge of the online retail industry is not required, though curiosity and a basic understanding of business practices is a must.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package and are located in downtown Chicago. Applicants must be able to work full-time in our Chicago headquarters.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business reporting and writing experience
- Solid telephone interviewing skills a must
- Ability to quickly grasp market developments and write clear, well-organized and detailed news stories and analysis articles
- Experience using WordPress or equivalent content management system to post to the web
- Adept at social media distribution and the application of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of Infogram or other data visualization software a plus
- Deadline-focused drive is a must
- Proficiency in extracting relevant information from company financial reports, regulatory filings and other documents
- Ability to identify and grow a list of industry news sources
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in journalism or related major