American Media, Inc. is looking for a Commerce Editor to lead a group within the organization that finds the best deals & products across fitness, style, entertainment & culture, & uses cross-platform storytelling to share them with our audience.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a mix of editorial and analytical skills, with experience running a commerce operation for a digital media brand. They will also have experience managing a team of writers & freelancers, as well as contributing to social media promotion in concert with the editorial and audience development teams. The Associate Commerce Editor’s day-to-day will include editing commerce articles to ensure they uphold affiliate and editorial standards; analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement; brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
- Experiment with various content formats to drive traffic and sales conversions
- Write daily articles and script videos about shopping, deals, product recommendations, etc.
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Assign commerce content to staff writers & freelancers
- Work closely with the editorial, social, and data teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of your work.
- Research products across categories to include in articles with a focus on beauty, fashion, fitness, culture and style.
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive salesUse data and metrics to inform story ideation and creation
- Track KPIs for commerce content to report to leadership, make informed programming decisions & shape commerce strategy
- Pay attention to deals and sales in the industry and source exclusive deals from retailers with the help of our business team
- 3+ years of editorial experience: Ideally you have worked in a busy digital media environment and are used to quick turnarounds.
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Awareness of the growing commerce and affiliate space and pay attention to trends and happenings in the industry.
- Must be adaptable and open to change - this content has goals related to audience and revenue, you need to be mindful and aware of what is working and what is not.
- Social media background--understanding of what resonates with audiences
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive and Analytics, ability to interpret data
Include Salary Requirements when responding to the job post.