National Sales Manager (KNBC)
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Responsible for leading the National sales effort for KNBC, including cross platform opportunities.
• Work with VP of Sales to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to grow revenue and market shares.
• Communicate clearly and consistently to National Account Managers the station’s inventory and pricing strategy, business development goals and current market conditions n to drive results.
• Work with VP of Sales, Local Sales Managers and Traffic department on inventory and pricing strategies along with special opportunity and sports sales.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
• Minimum of five to seven years experience in the television sales industry, as well as experience working with advertising agencies.
• Candidate must be accomplished at developing local market decision-maker contacts that drive revenue and new business development.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to set strategy and tactically execute the sales strategy and ability to multi-task.
• Proficient MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Traffic Systems.
• Position requires some travel.
• Excellent negotiation skills and a strong comprehension of inventory management
• Ability to create new revenue streams with our NSO regional offices
• Experience in selling cross platform sponsorships and customized solutions
• Ability to monetize and generate non-linear sales
• Strong background in political sales
• Must have a strong understanding of ratings trends and ability to leverage research tools to grow station share
• Good business/community relationships in the local market a plus
• Excellent communication and client relation skills
• Prefer qualified sales candidates with prior television working experience
• Self-motivated, reliable, high-energy and professional individual able to negotiate, lead and manage.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work at the location in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to travel, at times work outside of normal business hours, and potentially on weekends with short notice
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.