Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
JOB TITLE: Editorial Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Journal Publishing, Biomedicine
REPORTS TO: Senior Editor
Under limited supervision, the Editorial Assistant provides administrative support to Editor and Senior Editor and assists other biomedicine editorial staff. Specific responsibilities include:
Provides support for the acquisition, development, and management of new and existing journals in biomedicine portfolio as follows:
- Utilize abstracting and indexing databases to perform market research on existing and potential titles, including generating competitive analyses and research on subject matter experts.
- Provide strong and dependable support to Editor and Senior Editor and other biomedicine staff; solicit and edit Publisher’s Reports for distribution to editors and editorial boards; compile and complete miscellaneous reports for retreats, editorial board meetings, and internal publisher meetings.
- Work with other Springer departments (e.g., production, sales and marketing, information technology, finance) as liaison, provide and elicit information relative to journal publishing program.
- Monitor and update relevant information in Springer’s internal databases as well as journal portals.
- Routine administrative work, such as preparing and tracking payment and check requests, correspondence, and invoices, signing authors up for ISI email alerts, contract routing.
- Maintain department files.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, journalism, or English.
- 0-2 years’ experience in either science publishing or journal publishing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize varied workloads, plan and work to meet immediate and long-term deadlines, and act and work on own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; database and other software capabilities a plus.
- Punctuality and reliability required, as well as the ability to follow instructions and adhere carefully to established procedures.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: