Scientific American, the longest continuously published magazine in the U.S., has been bringing its readers unique insights about developments in science and technology since 1845. Scientific American has 3.5 million print and tablet readers worldwide, more than 7.5 million visitors on ScientificAmerican.com, and appears in 13 translated editions, which are read in more than 30 countries.
Scientific American is looking for a dedicated, deadline oriented web producer with experience in content management, email marketing and ecommerce tools. Must be a science enthusiast with good communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Produce news, blogs and magazine content across all Scientific American digital platforms
- Work with the Commercial teams to produce native campaign, site promotions and new products
- Develop and deploy email newsletters and marketing campaigns
- Run email marketing database updates and data extractions for email reports
- Create media-rich and HTML-based features including forms, checklists and quizzes
- Perform quality control of online content to ensure optimal user experience
- Investigate and report site or CMS bugs, if unable to resolve, report to development
- Work closely with Digital Content Manager, News Editor, Blogs Editor, Engagement Editor and Español Editor on production, schedules and special initiatives
- Collaborate and produce content on behalf of Editorial, Consumer Marketing, Ancillary Products, Advertising, Custom Publishing
- Assist with questions on content management systems or content appearance from Editors, Art, Copy
- Collaborate with and take direction from Digital Production Manager
- Collaborate with Product and Development on bugs and product launches
Need to know
- 1+ years producing content for the web within a leading media company or agency environment, or equivalent freelance / internship work
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- Proficient with Photoshop, InDesign for photo editing and layout
- Understanding of content management systems, FTP, email service providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, design sensibility and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manage time and prioritize workload
- Experience in a newsroom, magazine or publishing company
- Responsive email development and email marketing practices
- Front-end development to create interactive infographics, data visualizations, etc.
- Strong editorial skills and sharp news judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using content management, email marketing and/or ecommerce tools
- Demonstrates knowledge of digital production and social media trends
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.