Sr. Program Manager
- Full Time
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Sr. Program Manager
Piscataway, New Jersey
The successful applicant will provide strategic direction for MCE digital presence, communications and promotions. As Sr. Program Manager, you will recommend functional and business strategies to drive engagement, business development and innovation through both a strategic roadmap for the digital presence as well as the development of new tools and services. You would also direct the departments Customer Experience Program including voice to an international clientele. Duties include working very closely with business partners and playing a key role in harmonizing sometimes divergent structures and timelines for presentation to the external customer base.
- Provides strategic direction for MCE website roadmap.
- Creates and maintains content for MCE website.
- Represents MCE to internal and external stakeholders including digital innovations, volunteer leadership, vendors and colleagues.
- Conducts analysis and evaluation of portal to optimize customer experience and support business development.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the MCE roadmap and works to align development to support holistic progress and prioritizes based on strategic objectives.
- Contributes and oversees copy writing and editing.
- Drives the MCE customer experience and related programs and communications.
- Partners with leadership team to define vision for knowledge hub and oversee execution.
- Partners with leadership team to define merchandising function including vendor selection, pricing and customer experience including copywriting. Oversees execution of same.
- Partners with leadership team to align and define digital roadmap.
- Responsible for multiple communications and marketing projects and initiatives.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Regularly makes presentations and updates to leadership and key volunteers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in English or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of closely related experience, inclusive of copywriting.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience assembling and evangelizing business plans, inclusive of developing P&Ls preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in merchandising.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and ability to prepare and deliver presentations to volunteers and staff at all levels.
- Excellence in project management.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders in a matrix management structure, to mutual agreement.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, and strong timeline/deadline management skills to balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, project management and writing skills.
- Must be a technology savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges and processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Gmail, Google Apps, and social network services.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.