Social Media Editor - News Website & Magazine
National Review is a leading conservative political news website & magazine founded in 1955. We are looking for an exceptional Social Media Editor to join our growing content team.
The ideal candidate is equal parts content marketing/ audience development/ and social whiz. You will be responsible for increasing traffic, raising the brand’s profile, building a loyal following on various social media networks, and marketing our content products.
This position works across the content & editorial teams on social media, homepage curation, content partnerships, content distribution, and analytics. You should be a strong writer with a passion for news, politics, social media, and digital experimentation.
You should be a fan of National Review’s journalism and working on the web, and have experience crafting headlines and story deks, choosing arresting, appropriate images for a story, and analyzing audience data. You should also have impeccable news judgment and posses a sophisticated understanding about the ever fluid workings of social media platforms.
You'll need to have:
- Successful track record in growing social communities & driving social traffic for an editorial website
- Experience (2+ years) in an online publishing/social media/content management role — News and/or Politics background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, political science, or another digital media field preferred
- Is comfortable producing content for a range of platforms: web, mobile, and social
- An analytical mind who is simultaneously scientific and creative in their approach to using data to make content decisions
- Basic knowledge of HTML (preferred)
- Flexibility with work hours that will involve time outside the 9-to-6 weekday hours; off-shift work required in urgent news situations
- Intellectual vigor & zeal for politics
Candidates must reside in the Greater NYC area as the position is based in Midtown Manhattan.
To Be Considered:
To apply, include a résumé, a cover letter that doesn't put us to sleep, past social media examples and/or a critique of National Review’s current social efforts.
Place 'MB: NR Social Manager 2018' in the Subject Line