Visual Merchandising Manager
- Full Time
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be the in-house resource for all visual merchandising design and related process development for our retail locations. The work you do every day will be seen in stores nationwide and bring customers into our retail locations, support a superior customer experience, and foster our continued growth. Tap into your creative side to build strategies and designs for product displays and visual communications
- Creating a calendar of design themes for store execution.
- Updating display designs to promote new product launches.
- Staying up on current and future merchandising design trends.
- Establishing guidelines and standards.
- Selling new ideas to stakeholders at all levels.
- Align with cross-functional teams to define the visual merchandising strategy and placement of devices and accessories in our Retail stores. Leverage customer feedback, sales data, and market feedback to improve the product placement and merchandising experience in our Retail stores.
- Assist in prioritization and management of all merchandising strategies of the product roadmap through collaboration/input from other team members. Core to the role is clearly articulating the level of effort to dictate priority.
- Provide direction, guidance, and translate business requirements to designers, our 140 Agency, and other key stakeholders. This direction can include performing analysis, defining requirements/user stories, working with teams to develop solutions to meet these requirements, and to test and deliver experiences with the customer in mind
- Building the partnership with stakeholders including Device Marketing, Product Team, Operations, and GTM is critical.
- Update leadership team on the product roadmap status including dependencies that could impact visual merchandising deliverables along with recommended solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor across teams and the business on how the customer experience does/could manifest throughout the product display
- Develop and provide Visual Merchandising guidelines and education materials that can be passed along to the operations teams to aid in the execution of our expected brand standards.
What we’re looking for...
You’re creative and enjoy thinking of new ways to engage and attract customers in store. You have a great eye for design and understand how to make a brand’s vision come alive at retail. You take great pride in seeing the impact you make. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and view obstacles as puzzles that you can solve.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in visual merchandising/communications, graphic/retail design or a related design work.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with design programs and design thinking methodology.
- Superior analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide complex ideas and express them in a relevant, meaningful manner to all levels of the organization.
- 6+ years of consumer-facing retail visual merchandising experience.
- Experience in submitting briefs and defining the vision of merchandising programs and/or partnership based programs a plus.
- Strong creative skills for visual merchandising and product placement that leads to a high brand standard and exceptional customer experience.
- Analytical skills, with ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- Comfort managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment.
- Nice to have: any background in user experience design, visual design, or development.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution
- Willingness to work out of Basking Ridge, NJ with some work days in New York office.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.