West End Strategy Team is seeking a seasoned communications professional to join our Washington, D.C. office. We are looking for someone who is strategic, expert and driven. A successful candidate will understand what our clients want to achieve and know how to get them there. Your work will help drive meaningful change on issues including human and worker rights, immigration, the advancement of women and girls, LGBT equality, and interfaith cooperation, among others.
West End Strategy Team is a full-service strategic communications firm that partners with our clients to deliver bold, creative and innovative communications strategies by clearly defining goals and target audiences. Our work includes message development, public and media relations, digital strategy, marketing and advertising, and crisis communications. A successful candidate will join a team drawn from politics, journalism, and nonprofits. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- 3-5 years of work experience in communications with an agency, a nonprofit, in government and/or on a political campaign. This is not an entry-level job; we are looking for someone ready to move to the next stage in his or her career.
- Established contacts with members of the media and a working knowledge of the national media landscape
- Excellent writing and editing skills with attention to detail, as well as strong oral communication skills
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Experience developing strategic media, digital and communications outreach plans and campaigns
- Ability to conceptualize big-picture and long-term, and think creatively for clients
- Experience managing projects, as well as juggling multiple priorities at one time
- Proactive approach to priorities; ability to work as a team player while also being a self-starter
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with nonprofits, human and worker rights organizations, Washington, D.C. cultural institutions
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned clients
- Work as a team member on assigned accounts
- Act as a liaison between your clients and the media
- Conceptualize and draft materials to support clients’ communications goals including press releases, pitch notes, op-eds, talking points, and social media and other digital content
- Create and implement media outreach strategies including researching target media, building press lists, and communicating directly with members of the media
- Build marketing campaigns using social media, advertising, and other tools to advance clients’ goals
- Support business development initiatives
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous bonus structure for business development. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, long term disability and a 401k plan.
West End Strategy Team is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing samples. Please write: “D.C. Strategist” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. All applications will be kept confidential.
Apply for Strategist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly