- Full Time
Today’s Homeowner seeks an experienced content manager to plan, create, acquire, edit and publish content on the company’s websites and social media channels. The content manager will be responsible for all aspects of web and social media content and presentation. The content manager will monitor and report on web and social performance and continually strive to make all content channels function at their very best. The content manager will work integrally with all departments to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English or related field.
- Previous experience in a website or social media content position required.
- Mastery of Microsoft WordPress CMS.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Intimate knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube.
- Comfortable using Photoshop
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understand special requirements of web content, including keywords, hyperlinks, SEO and navigation.
- Capable of managing a variety of internal and external content contributors.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Outstanding spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with other departments, contributors and clients.
- Graphic design experience encouraged.
- Experience or interest in home improvement a plus.
- Plan content for company websites and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube)
- Collaborate with other internal departments to plan and develop content for all channels.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar.
- Work with internal and freelance contributors to develop web and social content.
- Write and create web and social content.
- Check content for accuracy, optimal readability and web effectiveness.
- Upload content and oversee the company’s content management system.
- Edit and proofread content from internal and external contributors.
- Maintain content and digital asset library.
- Optimize web content for SEO
- Optimize content across all web and social channels for maximize engagement.
- Monitor and implement industry trends and best practices to improve web and social performance.
- Monitor and respond to comments posted by visitors.
- Post, optimize and manage web ads
- Monitor and report on web ad performance
- Monitor web and social analytics, report performance, and optimize all channels for maximize traffic and engagement.
Today’s Homeowner is a media brand anchored by the nationally syndicated television show, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford. Today’s Homeowner also encompasses a nationally syndicated radio show, a family of websites, various social media channels and numerous media outreach initiatives. Today’s Homeowner is based in Mobile, Alabama.