Audience Engagement Specialist
- Full Time
On the air and off, in front of the cameras, and behind the scenes, everyone at WNET has the opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact on the world. WNET Public Media . . . careers with impact.
A new opportunity has opened for an Audience Engagement Specialist to develop, assess and optimize multi-platform marketing campaigns to increase audiences and viewer engagement for signature PBS series. Working across the organization – social media, web and series production – the Audience Engagement Specialist will work to create buzz and drive engagement with programs by identifying program priorities, creating messaging and assets and planning and executing activities to support engagement efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with producers and department leadership to define campaign goals, execute flawlessly and clearly communicate results.
- Identify, plan and execute data-driven, creative, measurable social media, publicity and community engagement activities
- Create assets and editorial for paid and organic social media, banner ads, website and blog copy, publicity materials and e-newsletters to improve outcomes
- Identify and engage appropriate media, thought leaders and influencers to support campaign goals
- Ensure alignment of series messaging in station fundraising and education materials
- Cooperatively and productively work across departments to achieve shared goals
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience along with a minimum of four years of experience in digital marketing, publicity, audience engagement and/or demand generation with a proven track record of developing creative, strategic solutions to grow audiences. Strong writing skills and a solid track record of placing paid and earned media. Knowledge of bid management, keyword targeting, and quality score optimization is required. In addition, qualified candidates will have experience managing and executing email and web-based marketing campaigns, publicity and campaign analysis, and a demonstrated ability to write for a variety of platforms including social media, blogs, media pitches and SEO.
Candidates with experience in design and editing of social media elements, buying in social media channels, and events and talent management are preferred.
WNET is America’s flagship PBS station and parent company of THIRTEEN and WLIW21. WNET also operates NJTV, the statewide public media network in New Jersey. Through its broadcast channels, three cable services (THIRTEEN PBSKids, Create and World) and online streaming sites, WNET brings quality arts, education and public affairs programming to more than five million viewers each week and produces and presents such acclaimed PBS series as Nature, Great Performances, American Masters, PBS NewsHour Weekend, Charlie Rose and a range of documentaries, children’s programs, and local news and cultural offerings.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. No phone calls, please.