Web Producer, Fox News Insider
Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News Insider is seeking a versatile, reliable and detail-oriented web producer who can handle the daily challenges of creating content for the official blog of Fox News Channel. You are a news-junkie who is excited to contribute to a fast-paced daily conversation and make their mark on Fox News’ overall digital coverage. You will be tasked with turning Fox News Channel content into compelling, accurate web articles and promoting Fox News shows and talent.
Please note this is a shift based role, the shifts you may be assigned to are:
8:00AM to 4:00PM on weekends and 3:00PM-11:00PM on Monday through Wednesday
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Identify compelling content – whether it be a big interview, a contentious debate or breaking news - by watching Fox News Channel
- Create sharp, compelling headlines with social media sharing in mind
- Write clear, concise articles quickly and accurately
- Maintain and closely monitor web traffic
- Update the Fox News Insider homepage regularly
- Create a daily newsletter for a large audience
- 3+ years of news writing experience, preferably for a widely viewed website or digital publication.
- Demonstrated news and editorial judgment, and headline writing skills
- Familiarity with AP style and SEO best practices
- Excellent knowledge of current events, what’s trending that day, the who’s who of the political world, geography, and relevant cultural and geopolitical history
- Ability to self-proofread your work and multi-task
Nice to have (Not required but definitely a plus):
- Basic Photoshop and HTML experience
- Experience with web publishing tools and content management systems
- Knowledge of Twitter and Facebook and of how to use these platforms to drive web traffic
- TV experience, basic familiarity with Fox News Channel’s on-air product