Video Journalist/ Producer
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals.
As the number one cable news network in America, Fox News’ impact and transformation of how and where people get their information is indisputable. These days, we’re also bringing that same drive and dynamism into delivering high-quality video storytelling to mobile, social and digital audiences.
Your future is with Fox Digital if you’re a highly creative and visual journalist, enjoy collaborating in a team and unafraid to create stories for - and around - new and emerging technology.
This is a shift based role, the shifts you may be assigned are:
- Wed-Sun: 9am – 5pm
- Sat-Wed: 9am – 5pm
- Mon-Fri: 10am – 6pm
- Mon-Fri: 6am – 3pm
- Sun-Thu: 11pm – 7am
Flexibility is vital to this role! You will be required to be on call, work holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Pitch, develop and execute new video ideas in a daily, breaking news-focused newsroom.
- Write scripts, headlines and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Edit short form video packages using Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud suite
- Cover a range of video content including breaking news, enterprise and features
- Shoot video and conduct off-camera interviews with on-camera talent for packaged segments
- Collaborate with FoxNews.com editors to develop related video story ideas
- Supervise pre and post-production processes
- Liaison and manage relationships with guests and Fox News reporters/anchors
- Use real-time reporting tools and analytics
- Publish videos using our content management systems
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in news, TV or daily video
- Strong command of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
- Good editorial judgement and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics and viral content
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical and 360 video
- Experience with DSLR cameras preferred
- Application should include a resume and three to five clips that you have shot and edited