Creative Director, Digital
Responsible for the execution of all branding, marketing and consumer experiences across the Barnes and Noble brand, including all sub-brands: NOOK, NOOK Press, Sparknotes. Creative work spans from digital products and marketing, to photography, to video to print for eReaders, Tablets, Apps, and eCommerce and app platforms. Manages and directs a team of art directors, visual designers, ux designers, copywriters, photography department and AV team.
- Defining the visual design experience and across the Barnes & Noble Digital Products portfolio. Leads and manages the Design Team through ideation, conception, development, execution and follow through of the experience.
- Drives the development of design processes and techniques both within and across other teams. Identifies ways to improve the quality and process of design, and owns the sharing and approval of designs across the organization, communicates design goals and standards.
- Drives the development of UX processes, techniques and standards for all digital products and continually improves the quality of the process and deliverable. Owns the communication of this process and its establishment.
- Collaborates with leadership across cross-functional teams including Product Management, User Research, User Interface and Software Development.
- Manages and mentors the Design team in developing and growing their artistic skills and abilities. Encourages innovation and provides creative thought leadership.
- Work closely with audio and video team to create podcasts, social media videos and other types of media outputs
- Stays aware of industry trends and techniques. Evaluates competitive products, and determines areas to improve or innovate.
- Experience in mobile or handheld devices design and a proven track record leading teams in creating stunning, innovative visual design.
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of the user journey and information architecture and how to apply to both user experience and visual design.
- Experience working with and/or running photography studios
- Ability to partner well with all cross-functional teams across organization; strong relationship building skills.
- Superior communication and presentation skills; organized and practices efficient time management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to lead and mentor individuals and manage career path.
- Appreciation of standards; proven methods and tools to enforce brand identity and consistency across all projects.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience and experience managing designers and a creative team of 10+ people.
- BA in Arts or Graphic Design or BFA.