The communications manager is a key player in editorial, marketing, branding, and digital initiatives for the institution. This position will report to the director of communications.
- Write and edit a broad array of print and digital marketing materials including emails, web copy, newsletters, articles, ads, blog posts, brochures, etc.
- Collaborate with staff across the institution to develop strategic marketing campaigns for varied audiences, and work with designer to create effective communications that adhere to brand standards.
- Serve as lead in social media marketing, using best practices to engage varied audiences. Stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Review materials to ensure branding, voice, and overall presentation is consistent with institutional style.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in non-profit marketing, and will know and implement best practices in print, web, email marketing, and social media. We are seeking someone creative, articulate, diplomatic, and flexible, who can quickly grasp the voice and mission of an institution. Critical skills include sharp copywriting and editing and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle simultaneous projects, meet overlapping deadlines, and produce consistently high-quality work.
- BA degree in journalism or English with a minimum of five years of experience
- Progressive track record of writing, editing, and marketing for an educational or similar institution
- Familiarity with CMS systems
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly