- Full Time
Scoop News Group is looking to add a reporter to our award-winning CyberScoop team, with a focus on cybersecurity policy.
Operating out of our beautiful Washington, D.C. office, the ideal candidate will be an enterprising, deadline-driven reporter with a strong grasp and deep understanding of cybersecurity issues, particularly within the federal government. A proven track record reporting on technology or cybersecurity policy is preferred, but we will consider applicants who display a willingness to climb a steep learning curve.
Since launching in 2016, SNG's CyberScoop has been at the forefront of some of the biggest stories in cybersecurity, including news regarding the Shadow Brokers investigation and the U.S. government’s fight with Russia’s Kaspersky Lab. It was also the publication behind DCCyberWeek, a weeklong festival that brings together leaders, experts and decision-makers from the gov and tech communities.
* Report and write original news articles daily for CyberScoop.
* Interview and cover the work of leading cybersecurity officials from the public and private sectors.
* Follow and promote content on social media; write SEO-friendly headlines.
* Work with the Scoop News Group team to create multimedia content, including audio and video.
* Cover and participate in SNG-hosted and branded events.
* Minimum 5 years of professional journalism experience as a reporter or editor.
* Strong familiarity with technology and cybersecurity issues; knowledge of public sector cybersecurity preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, a concentration in new media preferred.
* Knowledge of content management systems.
* Thorough AP Style knowledge.
Scoop News Group has an awesome team and offers great benefits including a group medical plan, dental and vision, life, employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, and a gadget friendly cutting-edge work environment.
Include a cover letter, links to your best articles, resumé, and salary requirements. No calls, please.