Senior Staff Writer - Online Business (Telecommute)
We’re looking for a Senior Staff Writer to help deepen our coverage of the online business community at GrowthLab.com.
We build no-BS personal development brands that deliver real results. We currently run two:
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich, which helps readers live a Rich Life by mastering their personal finances
- GrowthLab, which helps readers start and grow an online business
Across both, we have more than 1 million readers every month. Each of our brands has an industry-leading suite of online courses that have changed the lives of tens of thousands of students, as well as contributions from a revolving door of industry all-stars. Our tiny team of remote employees has made quite the impact, but now we’re looking to go bigger. That’s where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for someone to drive our GrowthLab content on all channels: blog, email, video, and (occasionally) social media. The ideal person has experience writing for an entrepreneurial community and is just as comfortable writing a voice-y email to our community as interviewing entrepreneurs for an 8,000-word blog post about launching your first digital product.
In this role you can expect to:
- Write weekly posts for GrowthLab that help readers start and grow an online business. This will range from thought leadership, to features profiling successful entrepreneurs, to short tactical pieces.
- Be read by nearly 1 million monthly readers and receive dozens of thoughtful comments per story.
- Write emails to hundreds of thousands of email subscribers that help boost awareness of our content, as well as engage and aid the community.
- Make a real, measurable impact on a growing publication with a small team. We’re not into bureaucracy.
- Participate in our collaborative, fast-paced “writers room” environment, and pitch ideas for all brands and all channels. Creativity is our guiding philosophy, and we have lots of fun with it.
- Receive assignments as well as generate your own ideas.
We strive to make our free content better than most people's paid content, so the bar is high and we're constantly raising it.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, but this is not an entry-level role.
Perks include health coverage, 401k with match, technology and education stipends, the ability to live anywhere in the U.S., and work with some of the most interesting people in the world. This is a dream job for the right person.
- You know why the community you’ll be covering cares about things like conversion rates, customer research, carrots, and organic traffic.
- You’ve paid for an online course before.
- You have opinions on what makes for a good publication and you’re not afraid to interface with the business side of building a media brand.
- You have connections with vendors, entrepreneurs, experts, and authors in the online business space.
- The idea of building a group of sources and diving into a community of active readers doesn’t scare you.
- You know how to use both quantitative and qualitative feedback to improve your work.