- Full Time
The Morgan Library & Museum seeks an energetic person to assist with copyediting, trafficking, and production of printed and electronic materials, including books, in its Publications department. Responsibilities include electronic text management (MS Word); regular communication with authors, freelancers, and printers; proofreading, light copyediting, and administrative and clerical duties. This position reports to the Senior Editor.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree in English/Writing or Communications is preferred.
- Prior editorial experience is also preferred.
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work for extended periods at a computer workstation.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. We have excellent benefit plans.
To apply: Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.