Account Supervisor, Media Relations Expert
- Full Time
We are looking for a seasoned and highly-motivated Account Supervisor media relations expert to join our boutique integrated marketing communications and public relations firm in midtown Manhattan. This is a fantastic opportunity to flex your client service skills, and work across multiple accounts with an emphasis on media relations within the luxury lifestyle and travel sectors.
In this position you will manage planning, development, execution and reporting of public and media relations programs and activities; serve as the day to day client lead; and oversee account work and output of junior staff.
You are a passionate multi-tasker and thrive within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, possess strong management and communication skills and have well established industry relationships.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client accounts (business, products & services, consumers and markets)
- Ideate, develop and execute client communications plans
- Cultivate relationships with top-tier consumer, business and trade press for clients
- Pitch and secure top-tier press meetings and placements for clients in broadcast, print and digital
- Identify and forge relationships with relevant strategic partners to meet client needs
- Monitor and identify trends and hot topics and apply them to client needs and programming
- Supervise junior staff by mentoring, coaching and holding them accountable to client plans and objectives
- Demonstrate writing excellence when developing client materials and correspondence
- Oversee financial and operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Counsel clients and serve as a day-to-day contact
- Introduce new capabilities and services to clients as well as participate in new business recommendations, proposals and presentations
- You have a minimum of five years of relevant experience in public relations, specializing in media relations
- You have successfully managed high profile/prestige/luxury clients
- You understand traditional and non-traditional public relations tactics and media landscape
- You have experience developing strategic communications plans
- You have strong media contacts (regional, national and international)
- You have experience in senior-level pitching & feature development (inclusive of broadcast)
- You have a proven track record of successfully placing highly visible media on behalf of clients
- You have superior written and oral communications skills
- You have strong presentation skills and have actively participated in client meetings
- You are proficient in MS Office, Cision and related tools of the trade
- You can effectively motivate and manage teams
- You have a BS in a related field such as Marketing, PR, Communications and/or Journalism
EVINS is an award-winning branding, marketing and communications agency, specializing in the development of integrated multi-platform programs and campaigns for icon, legacy and luxury brands. Founded in 1987, EVINS has been consistently recognized for its creative excellence, strategic planning and tactical execution. By forging long-term client partnerships, EVINS makes a measurable, meaningful and consequential contribution to the growth and success of its clients' businesses.
For additional information, please visit our website (EVINS.com), or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.