Digital Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) Specialist
- Full Time
Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for news, opinion and information for the higher education community, is seeking a talented advertising operations professional to join our team as Digital Advertising Operations Specialist. The Digital Advertising Operations Specialist is responsible for the set-up, execution and management of all Inside Higher Ed digital advertising campaigns using the DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) ad server. If you’re in this role, you will partner with internal teams (sales, marketing, IT and management) as well as external clients to receive, implement and troubleshoot advertising campaigns for Inside Higher Ed’s clients. You will also have the opportunity to develop new internal processes as well as new products/offerings across platforms.
- Work alongside sales and marketing partners to implement and oversee ad campaigns across web, mobile and email products
- Oversight of scheduling calendar and inventory management
- Provide pre-implementation and post-implementation support to display advertisers
- Setup, traffic, and optimize online ad campaigns in DFP, working with advertisers and ad networks to receive assets for campaign launches
- Provide technical support to advertisers, account managers and others by identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues
- Optimize campaigns, including reviewing reports and making changes to improve performance
- QA or troubleshoot 3rd party tags and other advertiser-provided creative
- Develop and streamline processes to facilitate and expedite display publisher on-boarding and case/incident tracking, as needed
- Opportunity to develop and build out exciting new ad products/ad tech offerings for desktop and mobile
- Work closely with sales, marketing, editorial, design and tech on the creation and implementation of custom advertising solutions
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming technology product capabilities
- Minimum two years experience in digital traffic operations for a publisher or agency
- Experience working with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- Experience troubleshooting issues and managing network-level inventory for revenue fulfillment
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Knowledge of IAB Advertising guidelines
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a tight deadline with a calm and cool demeanor
- Extremely strong attention to detail with superb project management skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding and logic
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a full slate of benefits and a convenient location in the heart of downtown DC. We work hard and believe in the value of work-life balance and donuts. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in this role and your salary requirements. Submissions without a cover letter or without salary requirements will not be considered.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.