Operations Manager, Book Publishing
ALA is seeking an operations manager for its book publishing unit.
Reporting to the Publisher of ALA Editions / Neal-Schuman, you will facilitate the operations of the book publishing unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain title management database (in MS Access)
- Develop data analysis queries
- Produce/output periodic and ad hoc reports
- Develop and implement performance and financial tracking reports
- Process invoices
- Manage and ensure the accuracy of works in progress (WIP) and corresponding inventory adjustments
- Track/record final costs for projects received in inventory
- Process check requests
- Manage the royalty operation
- Analyze financial reports as necessary to provide backup for monthly commentaries
- P&L development for book projects
- Analyze operations, ratios, milestones
- Maintain co-publishing records
- Monitor and analyze vendor performance (e.g., order processing & fulfillment, online store, etc.) to maximize operational efficiencies
- Schedule proposal meetings. Prepare documents for project proposals and transmittals
Salary: Negotiable from the mid-60s; based on relevant experience. ALA has an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, generous paid vacation and retirement annuity.
Apply including cover letter and resume.
(Additional documents should be uploaded on the same screen as the resume)
The American Library Association is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran