- Full Time
kyu is an intentionally different kind of collective. Our member companies represent a considerable depth and breadth of creative and design services, yet we each share the belief that creative collaboration yields new solutions to the world’s toughest problems.
As a Communications Associate, you will have a direct role in building kyu’s profile – relating both inwardly with our member companies as well as outwardly with the public at large.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and write original content for kyu’s various communications platforms: Publish creative stories that engage, support, and highlight both the collective as well as individual member companies.
- Curate and manage kyu’s social media channels and digital presence (particularly Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), and add new channels when appropriate.
- Manage the kyu website by publishing news articles, refreshing content, and working with an external IT team to manage technical logistics.
- Collaborate with the kyu communications team to establish a pipeline of editorial content for kyu’s digital and social media platforms.
- Produce regular analytics reports tracking kyu’s digital and social media activity.
- Design marketing collateral as needed.
- Serve as a community manager for kyu’s internal communications, primarily on Slack.
- Organize and provide logistical support for kyu events.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to identify appropriate media, events, and platforms to further build kyu’s profile.
- Collaborate with communications and marketing leads (including PR agencies) across the network.
- 2-4 years experience in communications and/or marketing roles
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Superior teamwork and collaborative skills with the ability to build relationships both across member companies and within organizations
- Resourceful self-starter who thrives in a lean team
- Proficiency with digital and social media tools and platforms, as well as Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Curious, open, resilient, organized, and good-humored