- Full Time
At VinePair, drinking is culture. We’re a group of people obsessed with experiences centered around drinking and connecting them to everything else in our lives. Our content and products power the conversations and experiences you have over a drink.
We’re a brand fusing the best in drinks content with our tested and approved selection of glassware, barware, entertaining accessories and home goods. Our unique approach of combining editorial with ecommerce supports the complete entertaining experience – from the stories that fuel our conversations to the glasses that hold our libations.
Our investors are some of the most respected names in the digital media and commerce space, including Joanne Wilson, Gary Vaynerchuk, Social Starts, The New York Angels, Zach Nelson and more.
We’re looking for a driven, hungry and analytical marketing strategist to fill an immediate opening for a full-time Marketing Director position in our New York headquarters. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in the digital media or eCommerce space.
This is a critical position for VinePair with opportunity for advancement into an executive position. We're seeking a true self-starter - someone who has crafted and successfully executed on a marketing strategy at an early stage, consumer-facing startup.
- Customer Segmentation: Become the internal expert on who our customers and readers are, core segmentation, lifetime value, and acquisition channel attribution
- Create a monthly, quarterly and annual data-driven digital marketing growth plan that both supports VinePair’s key business objectives and informs them.
- Strategically lead and efficiently scale customer and reader acquisition strategy (paid and unpaid, content and commerce) across channels, with the execution and ideation heavily focusing on email marketing, and social media.
- Define and implement an A/B Testing strategy throughout the reader and customer journey.
- Website & UX Conversion: Work with our product team to optimize on-site conversion rates
- Promotions: Partner with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop promotions and messaging that resonate with target customer segments
- Be both the leader and executor of email marketing, including setting up the sales email and content email, collaborating with the Art Director to improve the templates, ultra-aggressively acquiring subscribers that fit our target demo, closely monitoring the performance of the email - deliverability, open rate, click rate - and then fervently improving it.
- Budgeting & KPIs: Manage, track, and report on a comprehensive marketing budget and forecast model
- Optimization: Lead the team to invent, A/B test and optimize customer acquisition channels to increase conversion
- Industry Knowledge: You will constantly evaluate new social/digital platforms, marketing services, and ad products, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Leadership: Hire, manage, and mentor future marketing hires as we grow
Who You Are:
- A background in consumer-facing digital marketing, ecommerce, and analytics roles with experience in social media, email marketing, partnerships, SEO, and paid marketing.
- Prior management experience of at least one direct report for at least a year.
- Demonstrated track record of developing digital marketing programs that drive sustained growth.
- Intimate familiarity with Email, Facebook, Instagram, and a passion for social media.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and email measurement tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- The ability to work closely with creative teams and to influence and train on digital marketing principles and best practices.
- Interested in growing a consumer brand at a growth-stage company.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture, but also an enjoyment of hands-on, day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem-solving.
- An understanding of the value and challenges of working for a startup brand. Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player with leadership attributes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
In exchange for your effort and success you can expect to receive:
- Room for advancement
- Stock options - so that you can share in VinePair’s future success
- Health Insurance
- Great social events, monthly parties and other team outings
- A fantastic work hard/play hard start up environment
- An always-laden giveaway shelf featuring wine, spirits, beer, and many of the products we sell.