Marketing & Communications Assistant
Midtown global professional association seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Marketing & Communications Assistant.
Founded in 1959, the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC) is a global professional association representing 300+ firms in 70+ countries. AESC’s main constituent audiences are: Executive search and leadership consulting firms; Organizations that engage executive search and leadership consulting firms to recruit, develop and retain their top management talent; and Business leaders worldwide.
Join our Fifth Avenue-based team to help build our global brand by executing global email campaigns, producing web content, and managing the organization’s social media channels. AESC offers career growth opportunities and great benefits in a fun and collaborative working environment.
About the Position
AESC seeks a dynamic Marketing & Communications Assistant with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to assist with implementing a broad range of marketing and communications initiatives. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Global Marketing and Communications, the assistant will be part of a 5-person team charged with building and deepening engagement with the organization’s key audiences. The role presents a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, detail-attuned, strong communicator to gain broad experience in developing marketing and communications campaigns across a variety of channels and for a global audience.
- Email – Manages the distribution and organization of major email campaigns. Writes, produces, schedules and deploys email newsletters and engaging email marketing campaigns for an audience of AESC members and business leaders worldwide utilizing Salesforce Pardot. Owns central email calendar to determine timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Web – Produces and edits content, including thought leadership summaries, news updates and webinar recaps, on AESC.org utilizing a Drupal-based content-management system (CMS). Work includes writing and editing original content, sourcing and curating content from external sources, and ensuring web content is up-to-date, accurate and reflects the AESC brand and mission.
- Social – Optimizes strategies across social media channels to help increase audience engagement. Utilize social media tools to develop and schedule engaging, visual content for an audience of AESC members and global business leaders across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other channels.
- Marketing Administration – Assist the team with marketing-related administrative tasks including: Producing PowerPoint presentations; Creating and updating marketing collateral; Survey production using Survey Monkey; Fielding and responding to inquiries to the marketing email inbox; Assist with scheduling and organization of team meetings; and various other tasks as needed.
- 1-2 solid years of experience working in a marketing/administrative capacity.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write and edit long- and short-form content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Basic HTML editing skills. You will need to be comfortable editing code for web and email content.
- Graphic design experience preferred. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) a plus.
- Basic experience using Hootsuite, Canva and other social media tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with staff at all levels and across departments.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure and within deadlines.
- Experience with content management systems and email marketing platforms. Experience with Drupal and Salesforce Pardot preferred.
- Familiar with AP style and other style guides.
- Basic video production/editing experience a plus.
- Self-directed, can work in small team and influence others.
- Full of initiative and comfortable in a sometimes hectic, deadline-driven environment.
- College degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or related degree required.
Salary and Benefits
Starting annual salary about $40K depending on experience, with bonus and full benefits package (generous paid time off, health and dental benefits with optional vision, life insurance and long-term disability policies, 401(k) plan, summer Fridays and more).
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter stating why you are a good fit for the role and organization to Charlene Manuel, Senior Manager, Global Marketing and Communications. Cover letter and salary expectation must be included for consideration. Hiring Organization: Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC).
AESC is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.