SEO Director - LIVESTRONG.COM
LIVESTRONG.COM is the #1 healthy living site, covering fitness, health, food and lifestyle. We inspire and motivate our readers to make life-changing healthy choices by providing credible and shareable content coupled with helpful apps and an online support community.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for an ambitious and hands-on SEO Director. The ideal candidate should be a proven self-starter who has a strong understanding and passion for all aspects of SEO: best practices, research, marketing, and industry trends. This role will help inform content creation & product optimization across this leading healthy living and fitness website. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for crafting the future of our LIVESTRONG.COM brand from our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a SEO Director grows with us.
You’ll Report To: General Manager, LIVESTRONG
A typical day as a SEO Director might include:
- Conduct ongoing SEO assessments and implement SEO best practices with a focus on long-term strategies
- Lead SEO strategy, planning, execution, optimization, and measurement/reporting
- Identify cross-industry trends and best practices in SEO, SEM, and digital marketing
- Work with Product Managers on SEO & UX “best practices” to guide product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new features
- Work with Engineering and QA teams to ensure technical SEO best practices are properly implemented
- Work with Editorial and Marketing teams to better inform content creation and programming
- Optimize sites for traditional mobile & desktop search, video search, and image search
- Perform ongoing keyword research, analysis, recommendations, and execution to optimize existing content and identify new opportunities
- Survey marketplace for similar approaches and tactics
You’ll be successful if you can demonstrate good intuition and analytical thinking focused on consumer search behavior, and have the desire to expand your knowledge of: SEO best practices, search engine algorithms, and ranking factors to improve user experience. You will help further the SEO culture at Leaf Group through effective communication of SEO best practices at all levels of the organization.
What You Have:
- 3 years of experience in media Search Engine Optimization
- Extensive understanding of SEO principles, best practices, cross-industry trends
- High proficiency in SEO analytics, testing, and optimization including: Google/Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of testing and conversion optimization solutions including: landing page optimization, A/B testing, and multivariate tests
- ROI driven and metrics focused
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of healthy living wellness or fitness is a plus, but not mandatory!
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Deny Designs, Saatchi Art, and Society6
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.