Winter/Spring 2018 Writing Internship
WomenWorking.com's mission is to empower women and girls. With our robust social media reach, we support women in all areas of their lives - career, lifestyle, relationships and inspiration.
If you LOVE to write but have always wanted to learn how to write so that others will actually read your work, apply NOW! You will not only learn to hone your writing skills but also how to market your work. Great hands-on experience for a self-starter.
This internship involves:
- Writing/researching 5-10 articles a week
- Pitching story ideas based on trending themes/topics on similar sites and social media pages
- Learning the ins & outs of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and how writing interfaces with it
- This is not a virtual placement; the person needs to be in the New York City area
- Work at least 1-2 days a week
- Can start in January 2018 (the earlier the better!)
- Must be a good writer, computer savvy and have a positive attitude
- High visibility (your own byline!) for your work to be seen by potentially 13 million Facebook followers
- Great mentors! Our company is committed to giving you the skills you need to make your entry-level job successful
- Direct critiquing/feedback within a close-knit team
- The position is unpaid, but there is a stipend for local transportation (MetroCard)
Send your resume, a thoughtful cover letter, writing sample (geared toward our subject matter - see website), and a few references from people who have supervised you to Andria.