Sales Analytics Specialist
- Full Time
Sales Analytics Specialist
If you’re a curious, problem solver who has a passion for analytics and digital media and like a fast-paced environment, freedom to innovate and opportunities to both learn and teach, this role could be for you.
The Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Media Group is seeking a sales analytics specialist who can serve as our subject matter expert in this area. The position is responsible for data collection, reporting and analysis of the properties, products, and platforms associated with Billboard, The
Hollywood Reporter, Spin, Vibe, Stereogum and Death and Taxes. In this key role, you will develop and manage reporting and present data-driven insights that influence all levels of the company.
We are looking for a knowledgeable resource who can scope and analyze the audience of our entertainment sites from a sales perspective, helping us gain key insights about how our audience brings value to our sponsors, which we can also use to inform our video production, web development, and marketing roadmap. In this role, you will also have an opportunity to
work with senior management across the organization, providing decision support and analysis in this rapidly evolving space. This person will also provide weekly insights on sales benchmarks and related industry measurements.
The specialist will be responsible for selecting the appropriate research tools, resources and techniques to answer research questions from our editorial, sales and other related departments relative audience segments and behaviors. This person will assist in the development of new research systems and work closely with an internal product team and vendors. The specialist will review collected data, author reports and present business-oriented recommendations. This person should have experience translating metrics, especially syndicated audience metrics like comScore and Nielsen @Plan that lead to sellable data stories.
Candidates should have experience with analytics systems, but have an especially strong competency in comScore, Nielsen @Plan, Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook Insights and platform video measurement like Bright Cove. Experience in a digital publishing environment is preferred. The specialist will produce regular reporting, dashboards and ad hoc analyses that support corporate, editorial and sales teams.
The analyst should be a self-starter with ability to work independently, write and communicate clearly. As one of the company’s data evangelists, he or she will help introduce internal teams to new projects, processes and trends. The analyst will have an aptitude for learning new software, new systems and keep up with emerging forms of digital audience measurement on
the web, mobile, social and cross-platform. This person will manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- 1-2 years of digital analytics experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, math or other related area. In lieu of a degree, relevant experience will be accepted
- Sale research, analytics experience preferred
- Specific expertise in comScore, Nielsen @Plan, Google Analytics
- Expertise with Tableau reporting or other dashboard systems
- Experience with social analytics systems such as (Simply Measured, Shareablee, Facebook Insights,Twitter Analytics)
- Experience in a digital publisher environment
- Experience providing data-based sales research
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and presentation programs
What We Value
- Strategic thinking, problem solving skills
- Innovation opportunities
- Dedication to accuracy, follow-through
- Strong, clear communication skills
- Solution-oriented, positive-minded
- Teamwork – the right balance of collaboration and leadership