Social Media Manager, Oxygen
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Help develop brand awareness and social media strategies around Oxygen’s new and returning programs. Drive engagement and maintain/grow brand health on social.Support VP in all social priorities for the brand, managing day-to-day activities, assisting in RFPs/briefings and project deliverables for social media pieces for social stunts/activations, tentpoles, one-off campaigns.Help evaluate campaign KPIs to align with the overall goals of programming tentpoles / the network.Lead ideation and planning of compelling social content for brands’ owned social channels with the purpose of engaging networks’ fan bases on core platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter as well as for ancillary platforms like Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube and Tumblr ; work closely with internal and external creative teams to bring content to life and lead planning and execution to get content integrated into content calendars strategically. Act as lead point of contact with external agencies. Oversee agencies to execute social activations, campaigns, content plans thoughtfully. Oversee strategic approach of social content calendars for the Brand to make sure key initiatives are socialized properly across A, B and C priority shows. Field/manage cross-department initiatives from internal groups including, Consumer Marketing, Digital/Emerging Media, Partnership Marketing, Press, Programming, Production and manages the implementation of their plans in tandem with one another, amidst ongoing programming/brand priorities. Interface with internal groups to communicate our plans, attends cross-department meetings as main social representative and presents plans to Sr. Management when needed.Monitor trends in the industry and social media landscape including platforms, tools, applications, competitive campaigns.Monitor competitive brands within the true crime programming genre to help keep Oxygen at the forefront, continue to grow brand awareness and engagement on owned social channels. Prepare analytics based social insights and content strategy pivot recommendations based on quantitative engagement metrics. Participate and lead brainstorms across departments to ideate social content ideas/campaigns big and small tied to programming priorities. Manage the road from brainstorm through execution on greenlit ideas. Participate in creative brainstorms across other groups as social lead.Help plan & execute one-off, bigger social activations that include influencers and talent such as Livestreams, social takeovers, influencer programs.Troubleshoot urgent community management issues that may arise and communicate with key internal groups if needed.Work in tandem with Social Media Coordinator to run all custom content through appropriate clearance channels (legal, production) before posting. Manages execution of social commitments to larger company-wide NBCU Symphony efforts. Act as key social point of contact across NBCU digital marketing council. Oversee social media budget, quarterly accruals process; manage Coordinator on invoice submission, tracking, troubleshooting.Manage team Coordinators and freelancers, including overseeing workload, progress assigning daily projects.
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to oversee Social Media Marketing and Digital campaigns, activations and Community Management for Oxygen. This role will have a key hand in all aspects of the Social Media Group and its initiatives from strategy and ideation to execution. The Social Media Manager will coordinate with internal and external teams to obtain/manage necessary content, own campaign timelines and keep all parties abreast of campaign progress. The Social Media Manager will also play a big content strategy role in the group, ideating and creating social content that resonates with our core and opportunistic audiences, overseeing content creation on our brand social channels and ensuring consistency in social tone of voice.
The Social Media Manager must have a deep passion and knowledge of the social, digital and emerging media landscape and the ins and outs of core social platforms. They must keep up with updates and trends in the landscape and have a good sense of competitive across the entertainment industry on social. This candidate is both creative and also data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive the brand forward through social. Strong writing skills in line with the social tone of voice of the brand and are a must. Passion for the burgeoning Oxygen brand and the True Crime genre as a whole is a non-negotiable. The Social Media Manager will report to the VP of Social Media.
• 3-4 years’ experience in Social Media, Marketing or the Entertainment Industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Arts, Communications or related field.
• Proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaigns.
• Strong Project Management Skills; experience coordinating and interfacing with agencies, vendors, and companies.
• Tremendous attention to detail, a copy editors eye is a must.
• Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to brands’ social tone of voice ; a strong creative vision for social content creation and ideation that will resonate with our core audiences.
• Deep understanding of social media analytics across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat required; additional knowledge of platform analytics ideal.
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape and passion for the industry is a must.
• Experience in commissioning the production of video for online use is preferred. Motion graphics design and video editing skills with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Proven experience with MS Office: Powerpoint, Word and Outlook.
• Ideally proficient in Photoshop; must be deeply knowledgeable in creation & posting of image & video-based content to our social networks. Must have deep understanding of a “social first” approach to content types.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #38520BR)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Intimate understanding of social media space and emerging trends
• Passion for the unique brand and programming of Oxygen and the true crime genre
• Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a thirst to drive innovation
• Ability to communicate and present to senior executives
• Strong skills is creative strategy and thinking
• Proficient in social media content creation and ideation, up to date on trends and the latest content types being created in the social / entertainment industry space
• Proficient in a variety of social publishing, analytics and reporting tools
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.