TODAY Original Video Producer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
TODAY.com, the digital arm of the TODAY show, is looking for a highly skilled video producer to join our lifestyle team and produce stunning original videos for our digital, mobile and social platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a strong shooter and editor with a proven track record of creating gorgeous, addictive digital video and a genuine passion for our core verticals (food, style, home, wellness, pop culture, parents). This producer will work with our lifestyle section editors and editorial lead of Original Video to concept and create both one-offs and series in these areas to succeed on site, social, OTT and across partners, as well as adapt to emerging platforms and opportunities.
Our original video offerings range from hacks & how-tos in each section to sit-down interviews and feature profiles. The ideal candidate for this role will bring enthusiasm and energy to each project, as well as creative ideas around how we can reimagine graphics and visual styles, working with the team to create new and engaging templates for our various content franchises. We’re looking for someone who can not only come up with great ideas and potential sources/subjects in these areas, but who can also work with our editors to transform their ideas into reality and elevate our existing content into franchises that can dominate in the lifestyle space.
The ideal candidate is able to produce, shoot and edit multiple videos per month. Each video must have two cuts (player and social), with text overlay for the social cut.
We need someone who understands the TODAY voice and can bring that sensibility to each production. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
• At least 5 years of experience shooting, producing and editing video for digital platforms
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic tendencies
• Expertise with key productions in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content, not TV-related
Additional Job Requirements:
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots as well as adapt editors’ ideas into successful production plans
• Ambitious and driven to succeed, but also excited to learn new equipment, techniques and processes.
• Imaginative and creative producer who is comfortable completely reinventing existing franchises and inventing new formats
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many projects moving along at different deadline speed
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.