Account Executive - KNTV
Location: San Jose, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This sales role is focused on Business Development. The successful candidate will have the ability to source and close new advertisers, develop creative concepts meeting the needs of clients, grow and maintain sales revenue, including:
•Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of NBC Bay Area with the ultimate goal of monetizing all NBC Bay Area properties.
•Meet/Exceed quarterly and annual set revenue budgets.
•Prospect, target, and pitch to secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional and event revenue.
•Great understanding of digital media landscape.
•Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging, and traditional businesses while selling the value and benefit of multi-marketing platforms.
• Source and Maintain a BD pipeline.
•Become proficient in the use of NBC Salesforce and Wide Orbit sales and traffic systems.
•Create and present dynamic proposals and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
•Utilize corporate tickets to strengthen relationships with existing and potential clients.
A proven ability to develop and close new business.
• Five years of experience in a sales and/or marketing role.
•Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Own and drive a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings.
To qualify you must:
• Apply by submitting a resume/CV to this position at nbcunicareers.com.
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
At NBCUniversal, we look for diversity in our workforce in in the skills they bring. Desired characteristics in this role are:
• Agency, digital, television, production, creative marketing, or other brand entertainment experience.
• Ability to quickly assess opportunities and problems.
• Creative responses, yet accurate ideas in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent computer skills with MS office suite
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals, and maintaining a high level of closing sales skills.
• Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities.
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges.
• Multi-tasking skills while staying organized and focused.
• Broad-based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms.
• Innovative approach in a continually changing market place.
• Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization and externally.
• Strong verbal influencing skills.
• A competitive desire and drive to win.
• Creative problem solver with strong analytical aptitude.
• Self-starter and motivator who can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.