Election Data Director, MoveOn.org (Work from anywhere in the US!)
Resist and Win - Election Digital Director
Full Time • Starts April 1, 2018, ends November 30, 2018 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in Continental U.S.
Our country is in a crisis and stakes in 2018 couldn’t be higher. Since Donald Trump took office, MoveOn members have been a pillar of the resistance to the radical policies coming out of Congress and the White House. In this election, MoveOn will mobilize a grassroots wave to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive--one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care
MoveOn.org’s “Resist & Win” 2018 election program centers on recruiting, training and supporting hundreds of volunteer leaders in more than 100 congressional districts to mobilize thousands of volunteers to join them in strategic movement-building and voter engagement actions--paired with the power of our cutting edge Video Lab, Analytics, Technology, and Digital campaigning.
We are determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the House to create a roadblock to Trump & Republicans’ ability to advance their toxic agenda, while building the movement for racial, economic, immigrant, and climate justice, and electing new progressive champions who can help lead our country to a better future in races down ballot across the country.
With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground MoveOn is uniquely suited to power the progressive wave it will take to win back control of the U.S. House in 2018 and strengthen our collective movement.
Resist And Win - Election Digital Director
MoveOn is seeking highly motivated and goal-oriented Digital Director to drive online engagement around a massive national campaign across hundreds of districts to end GOP control of Congress.
The Digital Director will be responsible for designing and implementing digital recruitment, engagement and storytelling strategies for our campaign to take back Congress in 2018.
- Design and implement all aspects of digital strategy for MoveOn’s ‘Resist and Win’ 2018 federal election mobilization program.
- Regularly write clear, compelling, and creative emails and social media posts that inspire people to volunteer and take action.
- Track performance analytics to optimize content.
- Work with our organizing team and MoveOn members to produce quality content (videos, pictures, graphics, etc) that tells the story of our campaign.
- Work with our Mobile Team to optimize our programs for mobile
- Identify and collaborate with potential partner organizations.
- Participate as a full member of our national team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability.
- Minimum 2+ cycles experience in digital electoral or advocacy campaigning
- Excellent writing skills
- Minimum one election cycle experience directing a major digital program
- Experience writing compelling emails for a large audience
- Experience with digital CRM systems like Action Kit, Blue State Digital or Action Network
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie
- Attention to detail
- Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output.
- Commitment to recruiting diverse leadership and making visible the leadership of people most impacted by Trump’s campaign of bigotry
- Some management experience preferred
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, driven, able to work nights, weekends, and long hours, and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required
Location: Work from anywhere within the continental United States.
Deadline and Application: Submit resume and application. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a goal of starting full-time April 1.
Reports to: Elections Mobilization Director
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.