Education Writer/ Editor
- Full Time
LRP Publications, Inc. has been an industry-leading provider of multimedia solutions for business and education professionals for over four decades, offering world-class content and exceptional customer service. LRP's customers receive the guidance, knowledge, and tools they need in the format they want.
LRP is seeking a Writer / Editor who develops advice-driven articles for its Special Ed Connection® website and accompanying print products. Special Ed Connection® is an online, subscriber-based resource for K-12 school personnel and attorneys. This website details news and developments in special education and provides in-depth coverage and practical expert advice focused specifically on IDEA and Section 504 compliance, early childhood, behavior & discipline, technology, specific disabilities and legal decisions, among other issues.
The Writer / Editor has ownership of, and is responsible for, producing timely content with a focus on post secondary transition, specific disabilities, discipline, and paraprofessionals, as well as:
- Learning about our subscribers and the issues that most concern them;
- Contributing to a monthly publication plan;
- Budgeting content for monthly national publications that provide school administrators with legal compliance and practical advice to serve students with disabilities;
- Conducting extensive phone interviews to elicit advice-type information;
- Developing and maintaining a pool of expert sources in the field;
- Filing a minimum of four (4) stories per week for Special Ed Connection® and its accompanying print materials;
- Visiting successful schools occasionally throughout the year and attending Company conference as needed.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum one (1) year of reporting experience
- Knowledge of Editorial and Production processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style
- Experience working under deadlines
- Proven ability to generate story ideas and interview expert sources by phone
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely and appropriately structure stories
- Familiarity with publishing software, specifically Adobe InDesign, along with basic Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a fulltime schedule of 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from the Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. Office during normal operating hours
- Availability to travel up to five days at a time, including weekends, one to two times per year
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Wrike project management software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
LRP is committed to providing a challenging and cooperative work environment where each employee is treated as a valued resource. In addition to a stable and supportive work environment, we provide:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement savings account with employer match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Business casual attire
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status.