W. W. Norton is seeking a Contracts Assistant for its contracts department. This employee will work closely with the Contracts Director, Contracts Manager, Senior Contracts Associate and other departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Draft and track contract amendments for Norton trade, Liveright, Countryman, and Norton Professional Books titles
- Research, draft, and track cancellation letters
- Research, draft, and otherwise respond to reversion requests
- Research and draft film/TV releases
- Review files and research queries, as needed
- Assist with the department’s on-going file scanning project
- Assist the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager, as needed
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the U.S.
- Strong writing skills required
- 1-2 years of book publishing experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Close attention to detail and excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess very strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office
About Norton: W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years”. In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital supplements that support teaching and learning.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.